maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating release notes as part of release
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 03:57:01 GMT
The next release of the release plugin will have the completionGoals
parameter which you will want to hook in the remove of the release notes

- Stephen

---
screen
On 22 Dec 2010 03:44, "Ralph Goers" <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> Apache Commons has a policy (which is in alignment with
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice) to
include release notes in the source distribution. I would like to generate
the release notes using the changes plugin during release:prepare and have
them committed so that they appear in the svn tag. Since they provide no
value on trunk I would like to then delete them as part of the post
processing when the versions in the poms are changed to the next snapshot
release.