maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: Cleanup to SNAPSHOT version handling
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:02:13 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:

> I think the original reason the logic is how it is was because just "SNAPSHOT" (with
no leading version) was valid, but that behaviour has long been (unofficially) deprecated.

Given this style of versioning is apparently in use and I personally see
nothing wrong with having just "SNAPSHOT" to refer to the HEAD of some
project I suggest we go with the following for Maven 3.0.2:

a) Treat "SNAPSHOT", "*-SNAPSHOT" and the respective
expanded/timestamped forms as snapshot versions, anything else as release
b) Emit a model warning if the project version ends with SNAPSHOT but
does not match the patterns mentioned in a)

Benjamin