maven-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Generating release notes as part of release
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:26:30 GMT

On Dec 22, 2010, at 1:16 PM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> On 2010-12-22 22:09, Ralph Goers wrote:

the release notes before tagging and then remove then after

get them in the binary distribution. That isn't particularly hard. The problem is with the
source distribution where what is in the zip really also needs to be in svn under the release
tag.

>>> How about doing an "scm add" operation of the generated release notes
>>> directly to the tag? Do it after release:prepare, to be sure that the
>>> tag exists, but before release:perform so that it can be included in the
>>> released artifact.
>>
>> I'm generally not in favor of modifying tags but in this case that might be the best
idea.

> I agree, in normal cases.
>
>> I might not even have to write any code to do that.
>
> Right, you can probably use maven-scm-plugin for that
> http://maven.apache.org/scm/maven-scm-plugin/add-mojo.html

This won't be as simple as I had hoped. It will require checking out the tag, generating the
file, doing the scm:add and then an scm:commit.

Ralph