maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Surefire/Failsafe plugin code duplication
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2010 11:49:24 GMT
> Why don't we just fix maven-plugin-plugin, or switch to annotations...
> Anything else is just a stop gap

Hmm. Yes. Is there an issue for this and/or some good reason why this
hasn't been done ?

I also see that the significant bit (extracting documentation/attributes
to base class), actually is the same in both cases, and shade vs
plugin-plugin will only be a matter of a couple of lines in a pom.

Any takers for fixing the plugin-plugin ? I have about 50 other issues I
want to fix in surefire before doing that.

Kristian