maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Surefire/Failsafe plugin code duplication
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:50:31 GMT
The surefire/failsafe plugins share a common module "surefire-common",
with an AbstractSurefireMojo and an interface that the specific
implementations need to implement (Surefire/Failsafe).

We had this discussion earlier, and because the mojo
annotations have to be in the same jar file as the plugin itself
all the @ annotations are duplicated across the two plugins.

There is a *lot* of javadoc and properties duplicated at the moment, and
unless someone has a better solution I'd be inclined to move all
the common ones to the base-class and shade the base class into the
jar files for both plugins.

WDYT ?

Kristian