maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Culling the maven-stage-plugin
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 20:33:01 GMT

On Nov 1, 2010, at 7:02 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 01/11/2010, at 1:54 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> Doesn't change the fact it's a hack, generally not useful and is generally not going
to get used.

> I don't disagree, but given it was just yesterday, I think Dennis should get to finish
what he's doing.

He was applying a patch by Dan Tran who actually has access to Mojo.

>> Dennis, are you committed to supporting it?
>>
>> If so, that's fine, but it's a dead end plugin as far as I'm concerned. Who's going
to use it when all the repository managers have some form of staging?

> The Artifactory and Nexus OSS users? :)

Unlikely in both cases. If you're sophisticated enough to use/want that functionality you
want it done properly.

> /me ducks
>
> - Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track
of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget
the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful
groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a
clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as
signs of decline and decay.

 -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition