maven-dev mailing list archives

From Halvor Platou <Halvor.Pla...@marinecyb.com>
Subject RE: Dependency to native dll
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 13:09:26 GMT
OK, thanks again, but I'm still struggling. Probably something I've missed.

I declare the dll-dependency in the maven-plugin project. The plugin compiles without any
problems. No .dll in the target directory unless I specify an execution of dependency-plugin
- which is fine.

In the project using my plugin, I have my plugin specified in the build section running an
execution in the "generate-sources" phase. At this stage I can't find the .dll anyware in
the target-folder. Even if I specify a separate execution of dependency-plugin in the pom,
the plugin dll-dependency is nowhere to be found in the target folder. Are the plugin-dependencies
not put in the target-folder during execution?

Halvor

-----Original Message-----
From: anders.g.hammar@gmail.com [mailto:anders.g.hammar@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Anders Hammar
Sent: 16. november 2010 13:07
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: Dependency to native dll

Declare it as a dependency in the maven-plugin. That is, in the project
where you develop the plugin. Just like any dependency.

Or if you want to be able to change this dependency (like version or what
ever), you can add it as a dependency to the plugin where you bind the
plugin in your maven project.

/Anders