maven-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Siveton <vincent.sive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why are you so quick (Was: Culling dead/inactive plugins)
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 22:19:15 GMT
2010/11/1 Jason van Zyl <jason@maven.org>:

> On Nov 1, 2010, at 10:59 PM, Vincent Siveton wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I agree in the fact to move unmaintened plugins but god, why are you
>> so quick one more time!
>> You asked Dennis to create a wiki page but you already retired the
>> plugins.
>
> Yes, because I wouldn't write a wiki page, but if he wants some process then the process
has to be documented. Now that I have time to work, I start and that's how I started. If I
started erasing the plugins that would be different.

>> Ok I know we could revert your changes but why send us an
>> email and move them 2 min after! We are a community Jason!
>>

> And I'll happily abide by stuff we document.

Which are? Removing plugins without updating our website? Think about
our final users!
I know that documentation is not your strong but you (or someone else)
should update our documentation (ie src/site/apt/plugins/index.apt
similar to http://mojo.codehaus.org/plugins.html#Plugin_Graveyard)

Vincent