maven-dev mailing list archives

From Lindsay Smith <lin...@coretech.co.nz>
Subject Access to the raw list of dependencies - multiple versions of an artifact included
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:47:43 GMT
Hi,

I have a need to be able to download all the dependencies from a pom, even if there are multiple
versions of the same dependency in the pom. The use case is that I'm hoping to use maven to
create p2 repositories, and so these repositories can easily contain multiple versions of
a bundle.

I understand that maven's dependency resolution system culls multiple versions out, because
its taking the view that the dependencies form a classpath.  I expect to have to write a plugin
to perform essentially what the dependency:copy-dependencies goal does, except that it needs
to read the raw list of dependencies rather than the resolved list.

What's the correct way to achieve this in a plugin?  The MavenProject type contains the resolved
list of dependencies, if I use the MavenModel type will this give me access to the raw list?
 If so, will I also have to manually process any inherited pom dependencies if I wanted to?

Of course if there is an existing way to achieve this that would be even better.  All help
appreciated.

Lindsay