maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Culling the maven-stage-plugin
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 22:46:57 GMT

On Nov 1, 2010, at 11:24 PM, Dan Tran wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Jason van Zyl <jason@maven.org> wrote:

>>> It actually is being used.

>>> My plan is to close as many issues as I can and release a 1.0, to get
>>> rid of one of the last beta-version-plugins :)
>>>
>>> After that I'm done with it.
>>>
>>> I do think that this is a useful plugin for those that do not, for
>>> whatever reason, have a repository manager, despite its warts. Perhaps a
>>> plugin that could move to the Mojo project?
>>>

> There is no need to move stage plugin to MOJO since wagon-maven-plugin
> covers that feature.

So you're saying Dennis applied your patch and you're using the wagon-maven-plugin?

>> That seems most sensible given the guy you applied the patch for could have done
it himself at Mojo.

going to use it when all the repository managers have some form of staging?

at Apache (and most other forges).  I believe this plugin can be archived now.

>>> --
>>> Dennis Lundberg

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks