maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0.1
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 15:08:30 GMT

On Nov 26, 2010, at 10:03 AM, Sebastian Annies wrote:

> We just didn't find it any sooner. I would have if I could.
> Benjamin already applied the patch and we will build our next releases with a Maven snapshot
and wait for 3.0.2.

Yup, it will come off the grid shortly.

> BR,
> Sebastian
>
> On 26.11.2010 14:27, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>> You need to get in the cycle sooner, we're about to release and we're not stopping
now.

>> We'll apply your fix, if appropriate, after the release and the build will be available
on the grid, and in the next release in about 6 weeks.

>> If you knew that it didn't work in 3.0 then you've had plenty of opportunity to report
this prior to the day we're about to release. I think we provide ample opportunity for people
to provide feedback and we have other fixes to deliver to the community so this release will
go out as scheduled.

>> On Nov 26, 2010, at 6:48 AM, Sebastian Annies wrote:
>>
>>> -1 non-binding
>>>
>>> We discovered a showstopper for us (not specific to 3.0.1 it also occurs with
3.0) and we would appreciate if you would consider to appy the test and fix also 72 hours
have passed already and give 3.0.1 another try. The issue prevents us from building a site.
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4918
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Sebastian

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
>> No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
>> They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
>> dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
>> dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
>> goals are in doubt.
>>
>>   -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

  -- Jakob Burckhardt