maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Culling dead/inactive plugins
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 12:56:33 GMT
On Nov 1, 2010, at 1:41 PM, Arnaud Héritier wrote:

> I agree.
> Perhaps for some of them we could discuss to move them to mojo.codehaus.org to let the
community take the lead on them if we find some volunteers (I'm thinking about the eclipse
plugin for example).

+1 to moving out the maven-eclipse-plugin

This is what sparked the discussion. Then folks like Martin can work on the plugin more easily.

> Arnaud
>
> On Nov 1, 2010, at 1:37 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> Following up from a discussion on the user list. I think it's time to be realistic
about providing a healthy level of support for plugins here. I think it makes more sense to
reduce the foot print of plugins we say we support and do those well as opposed to housing
many plugin that just don't get much love. I would ask people to think about the plugins we're
housing that we shouldn't. Probably a thread per plugin would be fine for discussion.