maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Dependency policies
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 17:51:44 GMT
It's close but not exactly what I need.  I don't want to maintain rules on artifacts.  I want
to maintain restrictions between categories of artifacts.

Regards,
Alan

On Oct 1, 2010, at 10:22 AM, Rex Hoffman wrote:

> I haven't used it: but this, and profiles, should do the trick.
> http://maven.apache.org/enforcer/enforcer-rules/bannedDependencies.html
>
> I'm just trying to get some contributions in to maven (other enforcer
> rules) but still feel the need to say you probably should have asked
> this on the user mailing list.
>
> Rex
>
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> Is there some way to categorize jars and restrict the dependencies between categories
of those jars?  At least maybe reports dependency violations?

>> For example let's say I have two categories, api and impl.  Impl can depend on Api
but not others' impl.  Api can rely on Api.  When I perform a build it would be nice if the
build failed or at least an warning is reported.