maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release plugin snapshot dependency resolution
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 10:52:55 GMT

On 04/10/2010, at 6:06 PM, Marcus Linke wrote:

> OK accepted. But if this shouldn't be within the responsibility of the
> release plugin but of the versions plugin, do you know a possibility to
> hide this versions plugin goal execution from the users point of view? So
> is there a way to hook in the versions plugin goal execution into the
> release process to automate this? Maybe the release plugin should at least
> be configurable to execute some goals AFTER the release creation phase as
> this can be done with the '-Dgoals'
> (http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/perform-mojo.html#goals)
> option WHILE the release creation phase ? I think this should be a good
> (because generic) solution. What do you think?

I do agree with this - whether for this use case or not, I think a change to the release plugin
to be able to run goals at the end of preparation would be useful to start breaking up some
of the functionality into discreet tasks. That's a new issue for the release plugin though
:)

- Brett

--
Brett Porter