maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Lenner <mike.len...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 3.0 reading non-maven build files
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:11:04 GMT
It seems that overriding MavenCli.createModelProcessor as shown below
is incorrect.  That will change the ModelProcessor used by MavenCli to
*locate* the build file, but not the ModelProcessor used by
DefaultModelBuilder to *read* the build file and generate a Model.

So, following Polyglot, it actually seems like my own ModelProcessor
needs to be inserted into the plexus container manually to be used by
the DefaultModelBuilder.  Is this correct?

## From Polygloy:

        // HACK: Wedge our processor in as the default
        final ComponentDescriptor<?> source =
            container.getComponentDescriptor(
ModelProcessor.class.getName(), "polyglot" );
        final ComponentDescriptor<?> target =
            container.getComponentDescriptor(
ModelProcessor.class.getName(), "default" );
        target.setImplementation( source.getImplementation() );

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Jason van Zyl <jason@sonatype.com> wrote:
> Copy what's in Polyglot is what will work for now. At some point in the future we can
dynamically load those extensions but they won't right now. So adding a JAR with your model
reader/writer will work.