maven-dev mailing list archives

From Baptiste MATHUS ...@batmat.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 13:31:02 GMT
2010/10/5 Mark Hobson <markhobson@gmail.com>

> It generally works for my builds apart from the behaviour of an
> internal Maven plugin.  This plugin uses the shared component
> maven-runtime to determine the dependency order of the project's
> dependencies, which is subtly different between m2.2.1 and m3.  I

+1.
It'd confirm what I checked yesterday (see my other mail). I was having
problem with XML parser due to a different classpath ordering inside
surefire between m2.2.1 and m3.

As Olivier said, it's true it's bad to rely on classpath ordering, but I'm
wondering if something could be done so that classpath is always calculated
the same way (or so is ordered the same) between m2/3. In fact, I fear this
difference could cause some compatibility problems between m2&3 that will
refrain some users from migrating.

I guess this is something inside aether that was done on purpose, maybe to
clean things that might have specially been done in m2.

My 2 cents.
Cheers.

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !