maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC3
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 13:00:41 GMT
Baptiste MATHUS wrote:

> I'd like to use dependency:list to check ordering, but I remember (Arnaud's
> tweet, I'd say) reading that the dependency plugin output is not reliable
> yet with maven3 execution? Is it?

Regardless of the Maven version, dependency:list cannot be used to check
class path ordering because it sorts its output alphabetically.

I suggest you enable debug logging and check the class path printed to
the console by the plugin in question, i.e. the Surefire Plugin in your
case.

In general, you should avoid duplicate classes/dependencies on the class
path and not rely on any order to solve conflicts.

Benjamin