maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Maven 3.0 and Aether
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 04:35:22 GMT
I like the rewrite of dependency resolution component. And I perfectly
understand the objective of hosting it apart from Maven: I hope to see another
aether-provider implementation that shows success of this strategy.

I have no doubt that if a Maven committer needs to improve Aether, it's easy
to start with github fork, then he'll get necessary karma on Aether canonical
repo as needed. And a lot of things can be done in maven-aether-provider (a
lot of extensions can be done with actual API).

I know that maven-aether-provider actually is missing unit tests because
everything is tested in Aether itself and in core ITs: when I have time, I'll
try to initiate unit tests so that impact of Aether changes on Maven core is
more visible.

But after a few months living with Aether, I have a problem to follow the
components' modifications: I discover Aether changes only when I see in a
commit mail that Maven core pom.xml integrates a new version af Aether. Having
a mail on each Aether commit is really missing me.

Can Aether send a mail on every commit to commits@maven.apache.org, since this
component is really crucial for Maven?

Regards,

Hervé