maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Maven Upload Requests separate binaries and sources jar restriction
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:24:48 GMT
I am working with Ben at Codehaus on it.

On Oct 22, 2010, at 8:22 AM, Arnaud Héritier wrote:

> Perhaps we should close this project or change the warning ?
>

> On Oct 22, 2010, at 2:20 PM, Brian Fox wrote:
>
>> That's not used anymore, you want this:
>> https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Uploading+3rd-party+Artifacts+to+Maven+Central
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Stevo Slavić <sslavic@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello Apache Maven users,
>>>
>>> On Maven Upload Request <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD> JIRA
>>> project summary page it is stated that "All bundles submitted after February
>>> 23rd 2010 must have sources, javadocs and all artifacts accompanied by valid
>>> PGP signatures. Your bundles will be immediately rejected if you are missing
>>> any of these requirements.". I'd like to convince maintainer(s) of an open
>>> source project which is not built using Apache Maven to upload their
>>> artifact to Maven Central. Their distribution includes a jar file with
>>> binaries and source all together and not as two separate jars. Would it be
>>> acceptable for uploading to central to provide that single jar, pom, and
>>> signatures?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Stevo.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track
of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget
the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful
groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a
clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as
signs of decline and decay.

 -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition