maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:07:28 GMT
On 09/16/2010 05:21 AM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
> This is an attempt to collect feedback from a broad audience before we start the vote
for 3.0, similar to what was done in the past.

I'm a bit confused over the labeling "RC1", perhaps you could clarify.

1. Nothing is published at http://maven.apache.org/download.html - only beta 3.

2. http://www.sonatype.com/people/2010/09/please-try-maven-3-0-rc1/ says "[after making fixes]
we will release the final RC1", implying maybe that this is a release
candidate of a release candidate.

3. There were votes on betas, but no apparent vote on this RC.

So is this really a "candidate" for release as 3.0 or do you expect to continue making fixes?
Will you keep on publishing "RC1" over and over (distinguishing the
different builds with timestamps??), or will there be RC2, RC3, etc. as needed?

(I am bundling M3 builds in NetBeans 6.10 development builds, and I would like there to be
unambiguous version labels in case any problems are found.)