maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0-beta-3 (take 2)
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 17:15:02 GMT
Comparing the results between beta-2 and beta-3 I see a difference in my
builds for the Appassembler Maven Plugin (@mojo.codehaus.org). In beta-2
the plugin (correctly) assembles the dependencies in a flat structure in
my configured "lib" directory. Whereas beta-3 puts the dependencies in
my configured "lib" directory using a Maven repository layout structure.

Example in beta 2:
[INFO] Installing C:\Documents and
Settings\dlg01\.m2\repository\commons-dbutils\commons-dbutils\1.1\commons-dbutils-1.1.jar
C:\Program\apache-continuum\data\working-directory\15\dennislundberg-beansprout\target\appassembler\lib\commons-dbutils-1.1.jar

Example in beta 3:
[INFO] Installing C:\Documents and
Settings\dlg01\.m2\repository\commons-dbutils\commons-dbutils\1.1\commons-dbutils-1.1.jar
C:\Program\apache-continuum\data\working-directory\15\dennislundberg-beansprout\target\appassembler\lib\commons-dbutils\commons-dbutils\1.1\commons-dbutils-1.1.jar

The result is that the assembled apps gets an invalid classpath and
won't start.

Apart from that I get near identical results on speed and memory
consumption.

Given that this is just one plugin, I give this candidate my +1. We
should note this as a known issue in the release notes though.

On 2010-08-30 15:09, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what's a better start for a week than a new fresh release :-) ? So here
> we go!
>
> Apart from another few regression fixes, this release includes Guice and
> Aether [0] and shall help to get some more community testing on these
> new components.
>
> Overall, we solved 19 issues:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=16681
>

> There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10500&status=1
>

> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-157/
>
> Staged source and binary distros: