maven-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Site Plugin 3.0-beta-1 for maven 3
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 19:36:22 GMT
So a proposal release note is available here http://goo.gl/Z16v
Please folks comment and/or fix stuff.

Thanks

2010/8/9 Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org>:
> On 2010-08-09 00:59, Jason van Zyl wrote:

activate them when generating the site : all reports are generated.

we are now configuring inside a plugin, the merge is no more possible of reports.

to use a specific goal site:attach-descriptor.

>>> I read the wiki page you linked to above, but I don't understand why it
>>> was necessary to remove a life-cycle execution. Can someone explain the
>>> reasoning behind that?
>>>

>> The site plugin is not special. Any number of specific domains like reporting, or
release management may want to have their own lifecycle. You should easily be able to contribute
one to the core at runtime. If that can be done easily now then we'll fix that. But reporting
of any sort in the core is polluting the core. Something goes wrong with the reporting lifecycle
and users have to wait until the core is release. That's a bad coupling. You should be able
to do anything you want with/from from your own domain. The site plugin in this case.

> Sorry, I misread the wiki page. I thought it was a lifecycle phase that
> was removed, when in fact it is a plugin execution bound to the
> lifecycle that was removed.
>
> Now it makes sense, although we will still need to be *very* clear about
> this removal in the site for the Site Plugin.

>>> Decouple Doxia and reporting I understand, but won't "arbitrary
>>> reporting systems" all go through the Site plugin?
>>>

>> No. Who knows what someone else may create.
>
> Okey
>

>>> I think this will be the subject of many complaints. It also means that
>>> people just switch from Maven 2 + Site Plugin 2 to Maven 3 + Site Plugin
>>> 3 without changing their configuration.

>>> --
>>> Dennis Lundberg

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
>> No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
>> They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
>> dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
>> dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
>> goals are in doubt.
>>
>>   -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
>>

> --
> Dennis Lundberg

Olivier
http://twitter.com/olamy