maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: Merging in our Aether and Guice changes to Maven 3.x
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 19:08:00 GMT
Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> I had a look at the branch, and don't understand how the new maven-artifact-
> descriptor module is used to extend Aether in Maven 3.

It enables Aether to extract dependency information out of POMs, similar
in purpose to the MavenMetadataSource in 2.x

> - RepositorySystem interface: resolveDependencies methods are about transitive
> dependencies, while other methods are about reading artifacts from or putting
> artifacts into repository. [...] Is it possible to have transitive dependency methods
and classes
> into a different package?

It was a design goal to present API clients a single entry point to the
repo system and not have them hunt for all the various components the
impl can be split into as we have now.

> Is there something available about P2 integration?

No that I know of.

Benjamin