maven-dev mailing list archives

From lukewpatterson <lukewpatter...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0-beta-2
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:53:28 GMT

noticed different behavior when running <=beta-1 and this, I'm guessing it's
related to: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4615 ([regression] @required
plugin parameters are not validated)

the new behavior might actually be the desired behavior, not sure

from the plugin's plugin.xml:

    <mojo>
      <goal>generate-osgi-manifest</goal>
      <parameters>
        <parameter>
          <name>docURL</name>
          <type>java.lang.String</type>
          <required>true</required>
          <editable>true</editable>
          <description>The Bundle-DocURL for this project.</description>
        </parameter>

      <configuration>
        <docURL implementation="java.lang.String"
default-value="${project.url}">${docURL}</docURL>

my project never explicitly defines the project.url element in the pom, so
<=beta-1 was using "" as the value, now I get

"The parameters 'docURL' for goal ...:generate-osgi-manifest are missing or
invalid..."

like I said, this could very well be the desired behavior, not sure what
missing pom elements default to