maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo not supported with Maven 3?
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 14:13:04 GMT
No, there's no guarantee the old API will work in Maven 3.x. The compatibility we are striving
to maintain is at the CLI level from the user's perspective. Maven 3.x is a massive change
internally so we've tried to remain compatible where can, and in most cases we have, but the
plugin manager has changed a lot.

On Jun 2, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Jamie Townsend wrote:

> So if we're happy to not use Maven 3 until the 3.0 release, the old API will be working
again?

> --
> Jamie
>

>> No, you'll have to adjust to the new API. We are striving to be compatible from
>> the CLI perspective. We'll have a new method published for the 3.0 release.
>>
>> On Jun 2, 2010, at 8:21 AM, Jamie Townsend wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to get http://code.google.com/p/mojo-executor/ to work with Maven
>>> 3, but I'm running into an UnsupportedOperationExecption coming from
>>> DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo.
>>>
>>> I've had a look at both the maven-sonar-plugin & maven-cli-plugin approaches
>>> to solving this issue, but as far as I can tell, those solutions are not
>>> backwards compatible.  Is there a backwards compatible way to achieve this?
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>> Jamie
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming is not worth
>> knowing.
>>
>> -- Alan Perlis

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

 -- Unknown