maven-dev mailing list archives

From John Casey <jdca...@commonjava.org>
Subject Re: Needs help on org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManagerException
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:04:25 GMT
What patches have been made to Maven before this error appears? When you
say "heavily customized" are you talking about patches that change the
way Maven handles POM metadata, things like that?

I'm not sure I've ever seen it in an unaltered version of Maven.

-john

On 6/22/10 12:38 PM, Weinan Li wrote:
> Hi,
> 	During the maven 2.2.x update for Fedora I've met a problem:
>
> 	org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Internal error in the plugin
manager getting plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin': Plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin'
has an invalid descriptor:
> 1) Plugin's descriptor contains the wrong group ID: org.codehaus.plexus
> 2) Plugin's descriptor contains the wrong artifact ID: plexus-maven-plugin
> 3) Plugin's descriptor contains the wrong group ID: org.codehaus.plexus
> 4) Plugin's descriptor contains the wrong artifact ID: plexus-maven-plugin
>
> To analyze this problem more carefully, I'v added some log in 'maven-core/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/MavenPluginCollector.java'
:
>              if ( !pluginsInProcess.contains( key ) )
>              {
>     line61:             pluginsInProcess.add( key );
>
> 		added log: System.out.println("*DEBUG*: Putting in plugin descriptor list " + key +
" and goal prefix is " + pluginDescriptor.getGoalPrefix());

>                  pluginDescriptors.put( key, pluginDescriptor );
>
> And then I get:
>
> *DEBUG*: Putting in plugin descriptor list org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin
and goal prefix is enforcer
> *DEBUG*: Putting in plugin descriptor list org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin
and goal prefix is enforcer
> *DEBUG*: Putting in plugin descriptor list org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-maven-plugin and
goal prefix is plexus
> *DEBUG*: Putting in plugin descriptor list org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-maven-plugin and
goal prefix is plexus

> The above output is strange to me: seems when maven-enforcer-plugin invoked, it's overwritten
by org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-maven-plugin.

> Because in Fedora the maven is heavily customized and its called 'mvn-jpp', and I'm not
quite familiar with the internal scheme of maven. Can anyone gives me some clue about where
to find the above problem? In which situation will multiple plugins collected by MavenPluginCollector.java?