maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: Maven3 with guice was Re: Maven 3 tests
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 14:14:27 GMT
I'll start with questions you should be asking yourself when suggesting merging in a non-trivial
change. There is no change to users, the change is non-trivial from a development perspective.

Do you know what it means to merge in that code?

Did you have anything to do with the production of the code you are suggesting to merge in?

Do you actually understand the code you are suggesting to merge in?

Can you actually support the code you are suggesting to merge in?

I know for certain that neither you or Niclas can answer any of those questions in the affirmative,
as such I have absolutely no idea why you are suggesting the merge. It's not within your purview
to suggest it because you simply don't understand it, nor the consequences of doing so.

We expressly put Nexus on Guice first to make that system entirely stable first before attempting
anything else. It works well, but we still find issues so I don't think it's wise to move
anything else there yet. And what we have is not strict Guice which will only result in confusion
if anyone attempted to use it as standard Guice. Stuart is working on documentation which
is just as important as the code. I refuse to continue the tradition of foisting out half-baked
shit that doesn't work or isn't documented. I don't know why you are in a rush when the people
who created the work are not.

On Jun 9, 2010, at 6:32 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> maybe more details ?
>
> 2010/6/9 Jason van Zyl <jason@sonatype.com>:
>>
>> On Jun 9, 2010, at 12:54 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I have tested (http://code.google.com/p/maven-scm-provider-svnjava/wiki/UsingWithReleasePlugin)
>>> and it works nice !
>>> I have only changed a company plugin to made it works : so it was a
>>> bad maven usage !.
>>> regarding the cnfde there is the issue :
>>> https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/SPICE-26 (do you need a patch ?).
>>>
>>> For all : So now what is the next step ? Integrating this in the maven 3 trunk
?

>> -1

>>> --
>>> Olivier
>>> http://twitter.com/olamy
>>> http://fr.linkedin.com/in/olamy
>>> http://www.viadeo.com/fr/profile/olivier.lamy7

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> A language that doesn’t affect the way you think about programming is not worth
knowing.

>>  -— Alan Perlis
>>

> --
> Olivier
> http://twitter.com/olamy
> http://fr.linkedin.com/in/olamy
> http://www.viadeo.com/fr/profile/olivier.lamy7

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.