maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PMD/Checkstyle and threadSafe....
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:11:46 GMT
Before having looked at the source code in question, I could only
recommend plexus-utils 2.0.5 (on a general basis), because all of the
executeCommandLine methods are deadlock prone prior to that version.

I find it quite hard to evaluate if any of the transitive dependencies
included in the plugin actually invoke these methods. But I gave it a
shot and it seems like it is in  in the clear, so it should be safe to
release this plugin without upgrading plexus-utils.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/PLXUTILS-130 has also been positively
identified "in the wild" on a couple of occasions on one of my CI's now.
It deadlocks fairly regularly (daily or so), but Bamboo has a "stuck
build detection" that just kills the process. (This is an 8-core 64 bit
monster-build machine that is heavily loaded 12 hours a day with builds)

Kristian