maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r941507 - /maven/shared/branches/maven-reporting-impl-2.0.4.x/pom.xml
Date Sun, 09 May 2010 20:14:51 GMT
On 2010-05-09 18:54, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> Le dimanche 09 mai 2010, Dennis Lundberg a écrit :
>> On 2010-05-05 23:42, hboutemy@apache.org wrote:
>>> Author: hboutemy
>>> Date: Wed May  5 21:42:51 2010
>>> New Revision: 941507

>>> Log:
>>> o next version will be 2.0.5
>>
>> Why do you want to change the version?
>> This is after all the 2.0.4.x branch.
>> As strange as the numbering scheme if for this component, I suggest that
>> we stick by it so we don't add more confusion.
>
> I finally understood the whole reasoning behind this numbering scheme. And now
> that everything is clear, we don't need to stick with it, just by fear.
>
> It's all tied to reporting decoupling from Maven core, which was done in
> steps:
> - maven-reporting-impl was moved to shared components from Maven Core after
> maven 2.0.4
> - maven-reporting-api was only moved with 3.0
>
> I documented doxia-sink-api and maven-reporting-impl coupling issues and
> changes.

Thanks! That's great and certainly make things easier to understand.

> There is no confusion any more. The summary is as simple as:
> - Maven 2.0.x, Doxia 1.0.x, maven-reporting-impl 2.0.x, maven-site-plugin
> 2.0.x
> - Maven 2.1.x, Doxia 1.1.x, maven-reporting-impl 2.1.x, maven-site-plugin
> 2.1.x
> - Maven 3.x, maven-site-plugin 3.x

So far I'm with you, but what about maven-reporting-api?

If the api (version 3.0) was decoupled from the core in version 3.0 (of
the core), can Maven 2.x use version 3.0 of the api?

Isn't version 2.0.4 of the api included in the core for the entire
current Maven 2.x line? If so doesn't that prevent it from using another
version of the api?

> Yes, there has been confusion. But There should not be any more by now.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Dennis Lundberg