maven-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Maven Archetpyes structure
Date Sat, 01 May 2010 20:55:40 GMT
After releasing an alpha of Archetype components and some archetypes, it
becomes clear to me that the actual structure is not ideal.

I think that maven-archertype-bundles with all its modules (ie concrete
archetypes) should be a separate component, with its own trunk and Jira
project, and released as a unique "Maven Archetype Bundles" version containing
every archetypes.

Then I'd like to:
- move /maven/archetype/trunk/maven-archetype-bundles to
/maven/archetypes/trunk
- change to an overall 1.2-SNAPSHOT version (yes, actual parent pom is at
version 4, but I don't think that it is a problem since it is not used
directly)
- create MARCHETYPES Jira project, with one component per archetype (will need
help on this one, since I don't know how to do that)

WDYT?
Any objection?

Regards,

Hervé