maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: Compilation problem with Maven 3.0-beta-1
Date Sat, 01 May 2010 16:54:21 GMT

On May 1, 2010, at 10:31 AM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:

> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> Didn't Henrique just remove the packaging element from the component definition of
the artifact handler to get this to work?

> Yes, to get the artifact handler to work with Maven 2 as originally intended.

That's what I was saying we should ignore. If we ignored that packaging element in the component
descriptor for the artifact handler Henrique would not have had to make any changes, yes?
If that's the case we should just knock them out automatically for users.