maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Ludwig Magnusson" <lud...@itcatapult.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Maven install plugin version 2.3.1
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 08:11:58 GMT
I have supplied a patch now including one test. You asked for two but
skip=false is already tested in the default install test. Is that ok? I also
added a setSkip method to the InstallMojo. I don't know if this is the right
way to go but I found no other way of setting the skip-parameter in the
test.
I also did not really understand what you menat by (+ve and -ve).
Please give me any feedback if there is something more needed.
/Ludwig

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Connolly [mailto:stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com]
Sent: den 18 maj 2010 08:15
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Maven install plugin version 2.3.1

On 18 May 2010 06:52, Ludwig Magnusson <ludwig@itcatapult.com> wrote:

> I don't have an official say in this but I recently submitted a patch for
> an
> issue I created that allows for a "skip" parameter to the install plugin.
> assigned it to the 2.4 version (2.3.1 did not exist in jira at the time).
> Is

FYI, If you don't have commit access, you should not be assigning a Fix
Version for JIRA issues that you create as you do not have any ability to
control when the issue gets fixed (if you had commit access you could
controld when the issue gets fixed)

> it possible to add this patch or is it too much work?

Given that Kristian has already staged the release it is unlikely to make it
into 2.3.1

> Check it out here:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MINSTALL-73

The patch is simple enough, but anyone applying the patch would really be
looking for a positive & negative integration test to ensure that things do
not break going forward.

At this stage due to the great effort that Benjamin has put in to creating
integration tests, the Maven community really wants to ensure that we
increase coverage with new features.  If you add two integration test cases
(+ve and -ve) to your patch I will apply it for you.

-Stephen

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11136&version=164
> 59
> >
> > There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&jql

Query=project+%3D+MINSTALL+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+updated+DE
<http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&jq
l%0AQuery=project+%3D+MINSTALL+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+update
d+DE>