maven-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: removing old staging directories?
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:43:25 GMT
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> In the release docs [1], there is nothing about removing the staged documentation directory
after it is completed. This means we have a lot of versioned directories of plugin sites,
but they are never linked to. Should they be removed?

No.  People don't always use the latest release of every plugin, it's
very useful to have the exact docs for your version available so you
can see what options there are.

There was some discussion of linking to them, probably two years ago
or whenever we started doing this, but we never decided how to do it.
I was hesitant to add another task to the RM's already long list. :(

I use those docs, but I "just know" where they are.  They are official
docs IMO, not really "staged" (even though that's how they get there,
I subverted the staging url to avoid changing the config that was
already in the poms.)

--
Wendy