maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Execute a maven goal in the middle of another maven goal
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:53:30 GMT
On 19 March 2010 07:16, Phuong Nguyen <phuongnd08@gmail.com> wrote:

> According to my observation, the selenium-maven-plugin doesnot execute a
> goal in the middle of another goal. Rather, it has separated goals, one
> for starting the server and one for stopping the server.
> I'm still looking for a way to invoke another goal while executing my
> goal. Isn't it simple?

No.

You either have your "background" goal run the goal you want for you OR

You have your "background" goal fork a thread and return and then have
another goal which you use to stop your background thread.

See for example using jetty + maven-failsafe-plugin   http://bit.ly/cuQ4eH

Oh and by the way, when doing the background stuff you'll want to use
maven-failsafe-plugin for executing your tests rather than
maven-surefire-plugin or else failing tests will cause great problems

-Stephen