maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Nord, James" <JN...@nds.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0-alpha-7
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:40:44 GMT
Hi all,

This isn't new problem (was the same with the reactor plugin) but I think the message is new
and incorrect which may lead to user confusion.

In a multimodule build (mvn clean verify) if one module fails unit tests you get the following
printed

[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :failingArtifactId

However that command won't work unless you used install or deploy as your original goal as
the artifacts will not be found or will potentially be incorrect versions retrieved from outside
the original reactor build.

Other than that it worked well on a large corporate project.

/James

-----Original Message-----
From: nicolas de loof [mailto:nicolas.deloof@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 March 2010 08:15
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0-alpha-7

+1

Still partisant of a "milestone" naming convention to avoid assumptions on
code quality and stability.

2010/3/10 Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org>

> +1 (IMHO we could change the name to at least beta as it works really
> fine :-) ).
>
> 2010/3/9 Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentmann@udo.edu>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We solved 22 issues:
> >
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10500&version=16087
> >
> > There are still a couple of issues left in JIRA:
> >
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10500&status=1
> >
> > Staging repo:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-007/
> >
> > Staged source and binary distros:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-007/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0-alpha-7/
> >
> > Guide to testing staged releases:
> > http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
> >
> > Vote open for 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1
> > [ ] +0
> > [ ] -1
> >
> > +1 from me
> >

> > Benjamin

> --
> Olivier
> http://twitter.com/olamy
> http://fr.linkedin.com/in/olamy
> http://www.viadeo.com/fr/profile/olivier.lamy7

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster@nds.com and delete it from your
system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored
by NDS for employment and security purposes. To protect the environment please do not print
this e-mail unless necessary.

NDS Limited. Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United Kingdom.
A company registered in England and Wales. Registered no. 3080780. VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00

An NDS Group Limited company. www.nds.com