maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release version 2.0
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 11:49:57 GMT
Dennis,

I was holding off voting for this - are you expecting to respin it, or still waiting for votes?

Cheers,
Brett

On 31/01/2010, at 10:57 AM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:

> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
>> Staging repo:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-068/
>
> While I could successfully release Plexus 1.5.4 using the new plugin version, the plugin's
source bundle is incomplete, causing the following test failures

>> Results :
>> Failed tests:
>>  testReadFromFile(org.apache.maven.shared.release.config.PropertiesReleaseDescriptorStoreTest)
>>  testReadFromFileUsingWorkingDirectory(org.apache.maven.shared.release.config.PropertiesReleaseDescriptorStoreTest)
>> Tests in error:
>>  testBasicPom(org.apache.maven.shared.release.phase.RestoreBackupPomsPhaseTest)
>>  testMultiModulePom(org.apache.maven.shared.release.phase.RestoreBackupPomsPhaseTest)
>> Tests run: 343, Failures: 2, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0
>
> The cause of the missing files should be the exclusion bug that was fixed in apache-source-release-assembly-descriptor:1.0.2
but the fixed assembly descriptor is not yet used by the Maven parents. I could look into
releasing new parents tomorrow but simply redefining the maven-assembly-plugin with the proper
descriptor version should do as well.

> Benjamin

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org