maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karel Vervaeke <ka...@outerthought.org>
Subject basedir property expansion in file-profile-activation
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 15:54:24 GMT
Hi, I attached a patch to MNG-1775 today, and I would like to hear
to what extent I can you folks to apply it, and/or what needs to be changed.

My arguments pro my own patch:
- I think it works, the test2.zip serves as a test case (build fails
with maven-2.2.x, but succeeds after patch)
- http://maven.apache.org/pom.html gives an example of
<file><exists>${basedir} , so it should work as advocated

Against:
- It's a patch against the 2.2.x branch, but I'm willing to fix that
if there's a chance of the patch getting accepted
- It's a bit rough - passing a java.util.Properties object right down
to where it's needed.  There may be more elegant ways.

WDYT?
Karel

clicky: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1775