maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release version 2.0
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 18:34:42 GMT
On 2010-02-04 12:49, Brett Porter wrote:
> Dennis,
>
> I was holding off voting for this - are you expecting to respin it, or still waiting
for votes?

Sorry, I've been busy at work.

I am not sure if Benjamin's comments is a -1 or not.

If someone wants me to respin the release I'll do it - just say the
word. I'm in no hurry to get it out. It's better to have a good release
in a while that a bad release soon.

> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> On 31/01/2010, at 10:57 AM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
>
>> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>>
>>> Staging repo:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-068/
>>
>> While I could successfully release Plexus 1.5.4 using the new plugin version, the
plugin's source bundle is incomplete, causing the following test failures

>>> Results :
>>> Failed tests:
>>>  testReadFromFile(org.apache.maven.shared.release.config.PropertiesReleaseDescriptorStoreTest)
>>>  testReadFromFileUsingWorkingDirectory(org.apache.maven.shared.release.config.PropertiesReleaseDescriptorStoreTest)
>>> Tests in error:
>>>  testBasicPom(org.apache.maven.shared.release.phase.RestoreBackupPomsPhaseTest)
>>>  testMultiModulePom(org.apache.maven.shared.release.phase.RestoreBackupPomsPhaseTest)
>>> Tests run: 343, Failures: 2, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0
>>
>> The cause of the missing files should be the exclusion bug that was fixed in apache-source-release-assembly-descriptor:1.0.2
but the fixed assembly descriptor is not yet used by the Maven parents. I could look into
releasing new parents tomorrow but simply redefining the maven-assembly-plugin with the proper
descriptor version should do as well.

>> Benjamin

> --
> Brett Porter