maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependency on system property user.dir
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 11:20:44 GMT
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Stephen Connolly <
stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote

> >I think it would be acceptable to break a build if forkmode=never and
> >parallel build=true... i.e. have the maven api's expose the fact that we
> are
> >running in a parallel build, and then surefire can bomb the build out
> saying
> >that forkmode=never is incompatible with parallel builds... then the user
> >can decide to switch back to forkmode=once, or not use parallel builds...
>
> Good solution, I'll give that a try.

> I think that there are a number of other plugins which might want to be
> aware of a parallel build... e.g. maven-invoker-plugin, jetty-maven-plugin,
> etc... so I do think that the maven 3 API's need to have some mechanism of
> exposing to plugins that they are running in a parallel build.... how we
> add
> this information in such a way that plugins will still work for 2.x as well
> as 3.x is an interesting question

There will be some shared resources like tcp-ports that you probably can get
away with
just configuring per-module (and for jetty-maven-plugin I think this
works).

Anyone have any suggestions on how plugins should find out if
they're being run in parallel ?

Kristian