maven-dev mailing list archives

From tbee <t...@tbee.org>
Subject Re: custom maven plugin default phase
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2010 06:58:04 GMT

jvanzyl wrote:

> I answer more tomorrow, but for now here's a blog on making a custom
> lifecycle.

That certainly looks doable, basically I need to create a "onejar" (or our
alternative that is) packaging. Seems logical.

If you have two plugins, e.g. something to do at the beginning and something
at the end, then each possible configuration needs its own packaging. In
Maven3 this would be solved with "extention points" to add this to an
existing packaging life cycle; post-packaging in the onejar case.

How far implemented are these extention points? Are these usable on the
daily builds of M3? If I'm going to set this up, I would prefer to do this
on the IMHO better solution.