maven-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <k...@soebes.de>
Subject Questions about Artifacts
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2010 18:25:11 GMT

Hi,

i have thought about an approach to solve a problem based on my
http://old.nabble.com/RFC%3A-Maven-License-Verifier-Plugin-ts27445231.html
RFC for a plugin .

It is concerning the configuration for a company wide setup...but not
only...
If i would use a configuration file inside a root pom the result is that
every deriving pom needs to have a configuration file as well (May be i
misunderstand a thing at that point)...

So my idea was to create a new artifact which contains the configuration
files (let us assume to call it license archive lar for short or a simple
jar will do it as well).

The advantage of a new artifact is very simple. It can be deployed into the
repository, an artifact has a particular version number and so on....

So based on my researches i found the following solution for a new artifact:
<pre>
    <plugin>
        <groupId>....</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-license-verifier-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>

        <dependencies>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>...</groupId>
            <artifactId>licenses</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
          </dependency>
        </dependencies>
        <configuration>
            <resourcePath>/com/soebes/licenses/</resourcePath>
            <licenseRefs>
                <licenseRef>Apache-2.0<licenseRef>
                <licenseRef>GNU-Public-License-2.0</licenseRef>
            </licenseRefs>
        </configuration>
   </plugin>
</pre>
The above configuration would give me the possibility to put an artifact
into the repository and reference it via GAV as every artifact. The artifact
will be part of the classpath of the plugin ...so far so good...
Is there anything else which have to ware of to avoid conflicts etc. with
other artifacts etc.  ?

Or does exist a better solution for this kind of approach ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise