maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: WAR plugin and class file handling (archiveClasses and attachClasses options)
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:23:55 GMT
Stephane Nicoll wrote at Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010 08:49:

> The old behavior can be re-worked in a way it is mostly backward
> compatible. Regarding the naming issues, we can change it in a way the
> bundled jar file follows the same convention as the "attached" jar file
> (this is purely automated so it shouldn't make a single difference unless
> people are hacking the overlay by excluding the library afterwards).
> Regarding the signature issue, creating a single jar if both options are
> set is not a big deal either.

Actually it is not of much interest how the jar was named, because it was
not used as attached artifact anyway and could therefore not be addressed as
dependency on its own. The important point was always that it's in the WEB-
INF/lib and the WEB-INF/classes folder is empty. Backward compatibility is
not tied to the jars name.

- Jörg