maven-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Release version 2.0
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2010 23:57:48 GMT
Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-068/

While I could successfully release Plexus 1.5.4 using the new plugin
version, the plugin's source bundle is incomplete, causing the following
test failures

> Results :
>
> Failed tests:
>   testReadFromFile(org.apache.maven.shared.release.config.PropertiesReleaseDescriptorStoreTest)
>   testReadFromFileUsingWorkingDirectory(org.apache.maven.shared.release.config.PropertiesReleaseDescriptorStoreTest)
>
> Tests in error:
>   testBasicPom(org.apache.maven.shared.release.phase.RestoreBackupPomsPhaseTest)
>   testMultiModulePom(org.apache.maven.shared.release.phase.RestoreBackupPomsPhaseTest)

The cause of the missing files should be the exclusion bug that was
fixed in apache-source-release-assembly-descriptor:1.0.2 but the fixed
assembly descriptor is not yet used by the Maven parents. I could look
into releasing new parents tomorrow but simply redefining the
maven-assembly-plugin with the proper descriptor version should do as well.

Benjamin