maven-dev mailing list archives

From John Casey <jdca...@commonjava.org>
Subject Re: Debugging a mojo with eclipse?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:25:32 GMT
Unless I'm missing something, it's pretty simple. Load up the plugin
project into eclipse (I use m2eclipse for this, either via the import
existing project path or by importing from the repository using groupId,
artifactId, version, etc.). Once you have the plugin source in front of
you, set a few breakpoints, then drop out to a command-line, and issue:

mvnDebug <options>

When Maven starts, it should wait for a debugger to attach before
executing. Setup a new remote debugging configuration in Eclipse, using
the plugin project for source, and connecting to localhost:5005 (IIRC
that's the port mvnDebug uses). Maven should execute and stop on your
breakpoint(s).

Pretty simple.