maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: Upload Apache Pivot artifacts to central repository?
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 23:37:09 GMT
Hi Greg, yes I'll take a look. Since it's an apache project, we should
use http://repository.apache.org for this. We have support to stage
bundles in the latest version so let me get the pivot project setup
and then I'll give some docs on this. Can you file a jira
here:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896 ?

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> I managed to install the Pivot artifacts in a local Maven repository and successfully
built a sample project that lists them as dependencies. So, I am optimistic that the POMs
are structured correctly.

> Next, I attempted to package the artifacts for manual upload as described on this page:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
>
> The results are in this zip file, which contains one JAR per Pivot artifact:
>
> http://ixnay.biz/pivot-bundles.zip
>
> Would it be possible for you to take a quick look and verify that they are in the correct
format for manual upload?

> If so, what would be the next steps to get them into the central repository? Is there
still a way for Apache projects to do this without needing to go through the 4-week process
described on the upload page? If not, that's OK - I'm just wondering.

> (Note that the artifacts themselves are not actually ready for upload - I am just trying
to get the process worked out in anticipation of Pivot's graduation. The final artifacts for
Pivot 1.4 probably won't be ready for another few weeks.)

> Thanks again for your help,
> Greg
>

> On Dec 3, 2009, at 11:27 AM, Brian Fox wrote:
>
>> Hi Greg, I'll take a look later today and ping back on the pivot dev
>> list with what I find.
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>>> Forwarding this message to dev@maven.apache.org in case users@maven.apache.org
wasn't the right place. Also, since sending the original message, I have heard that the document
I had been referring to might be outdated.

>>> Can anyone help?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Greg
>>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:

next set of release artifacts to the central Maven repository. We don't currently use Maven
as a build tool, so I have been trying to follow the manual upload instructions listed here:

appropriate POM file, but it does not appear to be complete:

if someone with a knowledgeable eye could take a quick look to make sure that they contain
the correct information, are structured properly, etc. There is a root POM in the trunk, and
a POM in each project-specific subdirectory that we plan to publish to the repository (note
that these files refer to the anticipated future name and location of the project, as opposed
to its current Incubator name and location):

to place our compiled JARs in a pivot/jars directory, and structure our POMs as follows:

that the licenses directory should simply contain a copy of our main LICENSE file. Is this
all correct?

a top-level ASF POM that the root Pivot POM could extend (rather than duplicating the ASF
info). If so, could you point us to it?