maven-dev mailing list archives

From Arnaud HERITIER <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2.2.2 soon?
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 01:05:02 GMT

> > What I recall discussing with Brian at ApacheCon was having a new project
> descriptor but making sure that when projects are installed or deployed a
> pom compatible with the current format would also be deployed along with the
> new descriptor. If the new project descriptor allows extension then this
> could continue to work as things change.
>

> Yah, I think we've been beating this around for a while... in my mind, it's
> still a unified repository metadata format that the POM translates to (and a
> parallel 4.0.0 POM / maven-metadata for old clients).
>
> It seems like that and the POM and the deprecations can be the single focus
> for 3.1... we just need to ship "Snow Maven" at this point so we can move on
> to new things.

Do we have in 3.0 a mechanism to have a constraint when we develop a plugin
to say that it requires a minimal version of POM.
Let's imagine we add a new data in the pom in 4.1.0 and a plugin needs to
use them, thus maven shouldn't automatically check when it load a plugin
that it is compatible with the POM version.

Another question about 3.0, did we reintroduce // dowloads ? I think it
wasn't here in the last alpha.

Arnaud