maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jorg.heym...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0-alpha-5
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:16:07 GMT
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Brian Fox <brianf@infinity.nu> wrote:
> Something like duplicate dependencies likely means you have a real
> problem you didn't know about in your poms. I think failing is
> appropriate in this case.

I fail to grok what you just said there. So if i have in my pom

    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.persistence</groupId>
      <artifactId>persistence-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>

and then 25 other dependencies and then again the one above (due to a
copy-paste oversight let's say) then I have a real problem in my build
you say. How is it different from unused and declared dependencies, or
used and undeclared ? For me these all fit in the same boat ie
'potential build optimizations'

Jorg

PS how about a dependency:scan-duplicates then ?