maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: voting was: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0-alpha-5
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 06:39:03 GMT
2009/11/26 Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org>:
> I would also like to contribute my frustration with the current build
> process. It's great the alpha releases are coming out often, but I
> cannot possibly be testing them at the frequency you guys are
> currently tagging and voting. I thought the "once a week" alpha was a
> good idea until it actually happened. If you guys voted once every
> three weeks, it would be much easier for me to participate. I wonder
> if others believe the same.

IMHO, once a week vs once every three weeks makes little difference.
The important metric is is the next release X bugs better than the
last release.

Personally, if at least 5 bugs have been fixed and it has been at
least 1 week since the last alpha, I say run a release again
especially given that running a release of a 3.0-alpha seems to be so
much easier. These are alpha's, we have a great IT framework (thanks
to benjamin), so voting +1 has got to be easier.  If you don't feel
like testing every release, test every other release and only vote
only for those you feel comfortable voting for (i.e. you tested)

-Stephen