maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to fix MRESOURCES-111?
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:28:37 GMT
2009/11/11 Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone have an idea for
>
> a) a workaround for MRESOURCES-111; this problem is hurting me quite much

Side-step the problem.

Since you are substituting the build path, I am going to assume that
you are using this database for testing.

If you are not using this database for testing, then you don't want to
be using the hard-coded path on your build machine.

As such, I would recommend cheating and using derby's in-memory mode.
It will be faster, and you have less tidy-up to do.

so your property would now become:

<jdbc.url>jdbc:derby:memory:derby-db;create=true</jdbc.url>

Bye-bye path location problem!

If you need the file on disk, just use a relative path, since the
working directory will always be the directory in which _a_ pom.xml
file is located, if you use

<jdbc.url>jdbc:derby:target/derby-db;create=true</jdbc.url>

Then the database will end up in ${basedir}/target, and can therefore
be blown away by mvn clean

-Stephen