maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [maven-scm] RFC fetch/push URL format
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 23:42:35 GMT
Adding extra elements with the same delimiter might break anything
that tried using it with array indexes before. Also, other characters
like '|' can be used as delimiter in the SCM URL.

I would suggest git+push, git+fetch. This reminds me of the email
convention (brett+anything@apache.org).

However, I'm a bit confused about where you see these being used. This
wouldn't be the POM, which already has read/fetch (connection) and
write/push (developerConnection). It seems like you are looking for
something to pass through the Maven SCM API - but doesn't it make
sense to enrich the API to be capable of handling more situations,
rather than requiring the very end user to know what URL format to have?

- Brett